I recently shared some of my favorite F. Scott Fitzgerald quotes, you can read it here, and wanted to share more of my favorite quotes, books, and inspirations with you.
Another one of my all-time favorite writers is Ernest Hemingway. A Farewell to Arms, To Have and Have Not, The Old Man and the Sea...each and every book is worth a read. Below are 10 of my favorite quotes from Hemingway.
I hope you enjoy them just as much as I do. Xx
- “There is no friend as loyal as a book.”
- “There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed.”
- “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?”
- “There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
- “The world breaks everyone, and afterward, many are strong at the broken places.”
- “Courage is grace under pressure.”
- “But man is not made for defeat," he said. "A man can be destroyed but not defeated.”
- “As a writer, you should not judge, you should understand.”
- “Never to go on trips with anyone you do not love.”
- “My aim is to put down on paper what I see and what I feel in the best and simplest way.”
Which Ernest Hemingway quote is your favorite? Share it in the comments below.