While many of us are home we are presented with the time and accessibility to help those who are in need. We have gathered a list of some of our favorite organizations that are making an impactful change that you may want to support if you have the means to. No contribution is ever too small and at a time like this, using energy to help others soothes the soul.
1. Omaze - Here’s where you can donate to support COVID-19 relief efforts, especially for healthcare workers and others on the front lines. In March, we donated 10% of sales from the Atticus Wild Hearts collection.
2. DonatePPE - DonatePPE.org is a partnership between doctors, engineers, and medical students across the country. Our mission is to ensure that healthcare professionals in the United States have access to the adequate protection they need to fight against COVID19. To help support, we are donating funds to DonatePPE for every Atticus cotton mask ordered. For every mask ordered, we buy a cotton mask from a supplier. We hold no inventory, and everything is on-demand. More on donation details here.
3. Boys & Girls Clubs of America - Boys & Girls Clubs of America, in partnership with the local Clubs around the country, are building a national support strategy to continue to ready Clubs to serve local communities during this global COVID-19 pandemic – providing meals, programming, and support to those who need it most.
4. World Central Kitchen - Chef José Andrés founded WCK in 2010 to use the power of food to heal and strengthen communities in times of crisis and beyond. Confronted by the immediate and longer term ramifications of our current reality, WCK has activated a solutions-oriented movement to support and inspire people, food relief efforts, and food businesses across the country.
5. Global Giving - GlobalGiving is the largest global crowdfunding community connecting nonprofits, donors, and companies in nearly every country. We help nonprofits from Afghanistan to Zimbabwe (and hundreds of places in between) access the tools, training, and support they need to be more effective and make our world a better place.
6. Save The Children - More than 1 billion children are now out of school. Child poverty is rising. Refugees living in over-crowded camps and those living in conflict will be hit the hardest. We desperately need your help to address the immediate and long-term threats of COVID-19. We must act now to protect a generation.
7. Feeding America - Feeding America is the nation’s largest domestic hunger-relief organization. Every dollar raised from the COVID-19 response fund will be used to get food and funds to local food banks across the U.S.
8. National Alliance on Mental Illness - NAMI provides advocacy, education, support, and public awareness so that all individuals and families affected by mental illness can build better lives. There's a lot of uncertainty in the world right now, but one thing remains clear: people need access to mental health care and support. Helping NAMI ensures that no one is alone on their mental health journey.