No mater where we are in the world, we are all being affected by the COVID-19 pandemic one way or another. The disruptions we face can be frustrating, upsetting, scary, just to name a few, all at the same time.
There may not be one right way to deal with these hard times, but I know for me, the words of others bring me some comfort and remind me that this is not a permanent situation.
I gathered some of my favorite quotes about overcoming hard times that I hope may be helpful to you too.
1. “There are moments when troubles enter our lives and we can do nothing to avoid them. But they are there for a reason. Only when we have overcome them will we understand why they were there.” – Paulo Coelho
2. “I think that little by little I’ll be able to solve my problems and survive.” – Frida Kahlo
3. “Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
4. “Just as despair can come to one only from other human beings, hope, too, can be given to one only by other human beings.” – Elie Weisel
5. “The greater the difficulty, the more glory in surmounting it. Skillful pilots gain their reputation from storms and tempests.” – Epicetus
6. “When things are bad, we take comfort in the thought that they could always get worse. And when they are, we find hope in the thought that things are so bad they have to get better.” – Malcolm S. Forbes
7. “It's funny how, when things seem the darkest, moments of beauty present themselves in the most unexpected places.” ― Karen Marie Moning
8. “When life hits hard, you have to patiently endure. Endurance builds capacity; with patience, character is developed. You can make a come back with good character.” ― Martin Uzochukwu Ugwu
9. “If you haven't been journaling through this, now is a good time to start. One day, you and people who love and loved you and people who will never know you may want to look back to understand how you survived.”― Darnell Lamont Walker
10. “In every crisis, the true heroism is self-discipline, patience and strong determination.” ― Amit Ray
11. “We don't have to do all of it alone. We were never meant to.” ― Brené Brown
12. “You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them." — Maya Angelou
13. “The best way out is always through.”― Robert Frost
14. "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."—Confucius
15. "The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."—Martin Luther King, Jr.
Which do you love the most? Stay hopeful and stay safe.
We are all in this together. Xox